How much for a Wedding Photographer?
In this episode of The Wedding Band Show, I sat down with Richard McCarthy to find out how much a couple should budget for a Wedding Photographer in Ireland.
Surveys from Irish wedding websites put the average price at €1650. Richard doesn’t think this total would include an album but sometimes a cheap wedding album may be included.
A good quality wedding album is usually around €500 – €600 but Richard also explains that you should leave this decision until after the big day. All his brides can pick the material, colour etc after the pressure of the wedding has disappeared!
Your Wedding Photographer Budget should be
As a guideline, Richard suggests to budget about €1750 for your Wedding Photographer and explains that Photographers in high demand can be about €2000. Of course, you can always find cheaper options but you need to be careful that they are not overly busy and shoot every wedding the same. Wedding Photographers that shoot about 50 weddings per year are usually very creative on the day.
Another piece of advice is to compare the same packages when getting quotes from Wedding Photographers. Ask each photographer for Bridal Prep until The First Dance and this will make it easier when comparing prices.
A great top tip from this episode is when Richard explains how to get the most out of your Photographer on the day. Usually, there is a 4 to 5-hour break for a photographer from the speeches (if they are before the meal) to the first dance. While your wedding band are setting up this is an excellent time to get group shots and pictures with your friends.
- Richard Mc Carthy’s Wedding Packages are flexible right up until the wedding day itself.
- Don’t get your wedding budget from Facebook groups.
- The time of year shouldn’t really matter. December 30th is usually a great day, sunny but cold :)
- Ask about experience, there is an element of risk booking new photographers!
- Wedding Photographers can usually tailor a package.
- Communicate with all your wedding suppliers after getting the price.
- Don’t have your photographer sitting down when you can use them.
To find out more information about Richard McCarthy Photography you can visit these links:
For more information about The Brian Mc Dermott Band